Saturday, December 1, 2012

X-Men: Legacy #1

X-Men Legacy (2012 2nd Series) 1A


This book blew me away. I had always hoped Marvel would someday try something as different as this book, but I never thought it would end up this good. 

David Haller, the son of the recently deceased Charles Xavier, has always been a character that I thought great things could be done with. An omega level mutant with Multiple Personality Disorder, whose other personalities each had there own power? Sounded like a brilliant idea to me. The problem was, nobody ever seemed to want to use Legion other than as a plot device. Someone to come in and destroy reality for a while every so often.

That is until Simon Spurrier. In one issue, Spurrier has made me desperate to read more. He made Legion a human, instead of an aloof god that can't control himself. Xavier had recently been attempting to help David gain control of his personalities and set up a prison in Davids mind to confine them. Spurrier explored the prison inside Legions mind and gave us a glimpse of the madness and lack of control inside him, as his other personalities schemed to get out of their prison. And Then Legion feels the passing of Xavier....

The art by Tan Eng Huat is decent but not really my style of choice. It does fit the story pretty well so far, so we will see if it grows on me.

I normally won't be reviewing covers but this and the upcoming solicited covers are some of the greatest I have ever seen. Check them out if you have the chance

No comments:

Post a Comment