Saturday, December 1, 2012

Captain America vol.7 #1

Captain America (2012 7th Series) 1A


Captain America #1 surprised me. Not that I didn't think I would enjoy it, but how much I actually did. As noted before, I am a fan of Rick Remender. The fact that he went in the complete opposite direction from Ed Brubaker's run, and did so in such a great fashion, really impressed me.

Though I thought Brubaker had an incredible run, I was ready for a change and Remender delivered. No longer is this a full on serious spy book, but a fun sci-fi book with some comedic moments peppered in. Steve Rogers attempting sexual innuendo? What's not to like? Arnim Zola actually comes of as somewhat of a threat as well, which, considering he is a face on a TV built into an androids stomach, makes that all the more impressive.

John Romita's art has never looked better. I have always considered him to be one of the best "classic" artists, and the best artist for energetic action shots, but coupled with Dean White's coloring, and he hits an all new high

No comments:

Post a Comment