Sunday, December 2, 2012

Amazing Spider-Man #698

Amazing Spider-Man (1998 2nd Series) 698A


If you read comics and have been on the Internet in the past few weeks, you probably know the shock ending of this issue. If not, stop reading and go purchase this issue

Dan Slott loves Spider-Man and it comes through on every story he writes. This issue is no different. The issue begins as a fairly typical day in the life of Peter/Spidey as we follow him around and visit the majority of his supporting cast. 

When Pete makes his way to Mary Jane longtime readers get a sliver of hope that their relationship will return. And that is when the issue became clear to me. After Pete telling MJ that he wants them to get back together, she turns to get her jacket and Pete begins flirting with two other women. I knew then this wasn't Peter.

While "Peter" is visiting Aunt May and Jay in the hospital, he receives a priority call from the Avengers directing him to the raft. It seems that Doc Ock is on his deathbed and is repeating the same name over and over: Peter Parker. I won't go into any more detail but I will say that whatever Slott has up his sleeve I can't wait to see it.

Richard Elson provides the art for this issue and it is nicely done. His figures are crisp and clean and he has a good handle on the emotional aspects. I don't know that I have seen much of his work in the past but after this I would like to see more work from him in the future

No comments:

Post a Comment