Sunday, December 2, 2012

Captain America and Black Widow #639

Captain America and Black Widow (2012) 639


The storyline running through this series has run out its welcome long ago. Cullen Bunn may be a good writer but I find I'm just waiting for this to end. I've put to much time and energy in to stop now. 

I think one of my biggest problems with this story arc is that I find the villain to be bland and uninteresting. The multiversal versions of characters is getting too overplayed and that is the whole hook behind Venema Kashmir. Having multiple Black Widows running around along with multiple Kashmirs just adds that much more of an "ugh" factor.

Normally I am a big fan of Francesco Francavilla, but this is not the type of story for him. The art looks way too muddy and honestly uninspired. Francavilla is perfect for street level books, but not so much for alternate realities and Sci-Fi.

No comments:

Post a Comment