Saturday, December 1, 2012

Deadpool vol.3 #1

Deadpool (2012 3rd Series) 1A

Deadpool was probably the book I was most hesitant about. When Deadpool is written well he is one of my favorite characters, but when he is written like Wile E. Coyote he becomes a lot less enjoyable for me.

This issue was a great start on the character, written by Gerry Duggan and Brian Posehn. The comedy was there but not overwhelmingly stupid. I loved that none of the other heroes or agencies want to be associated with Deapool, but at the same time recognize his usefulness.

Deapool fighting zombie versions of the Presidents sounded like it could end up being a pretty forgettable story but so far it has been nothing but fun. I had never read anything written by Duggan before but he and Posehn seem to know Deadpool pretty well and their comedic timing within the series has been top notch.

Tony Moore was the right pick for the artist on this book. He draws the comical and disgusting without going to far over the top. The smile on the face of an unmasked Deadpool makes you cringe and smile at the same time. Not too many other artists can pull that off, and I don't know if any could have pulled it of as well. 

Based on the first issue I hope this creative team sticks around for the long haul

No comments:

Post a Comment