Saturday, December 1, 2012

Fatale #10

Fatale (2012 Image) 10


At the end of the second arc of Fatale, and I'm starting to lose interest a little. The story seems a little rinse and repeat, with only circumstances changing.

Maybe after reading Ed Brubakers other work I expected a little more from this series. It is by no means badly written, just not a whole lot to excite me in this second arc. Ed Brubaker is a master at noir, but there is something about this issue that falls flat. Hopefully the next few issues will pull me back in.

Sean Phillips is the only artist I could imagine doing this series. He has the perfect tone and his collaborations with Ed Brubaker are always an artistic treat. His women are sexy and dangerous and his "heroes" are dirty and worn 

No comments:

Post a Comment